If you regularly have to translate from one language to another, then it's a pain to keep going online to find a translator which can handle the languages you need.
The big advantage of Translate.net is that it scans multiple translation sites for languages that you need to translate to and from. The good thing here is that you don't have to go online and tediously surf the net for translators and by using translators from different sources, you can much more accurate and better translations. The annoying thing however is that the program displays advertisements within the program based on the translation texts that you are searching on. However, the developers assure that Translate.Net does not collect any personal data or use any aggressive advertising techniques on it's users. One thing worth mentioning however is that this program is completely open source which means that the advertising feature may be possible to remove, or at least block, if you have some C++ programming knowledge.
A great solution for those that translate regularly although be prepared to be bombarded with adverts.
- Fixed support of Merriam-Webster dictionary
- Fixed support of WordNet - lexical database for the English language, Copyright © 2006 Princeton University
- Fixed support of Google dictionary
- Added tracking of errors via EQATEC Analytics
- Updated German translation by Kurt Lettmaier, 2009-07-10